Re: how to implement EDF scheduling in eCos

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 06:30:00PM +0530, Sasanka Sarkar wrote:
> hi
>     My intention is to implement EDF scheduling in eCos.Currently eCos
> is having the scheduling like BitMap,Multilevel ,lottery.Exactly the
> same way I also want to add a new scheduling EDF.Now could anyone tell
> me how to do it?

OK. back from googling. Earliest Deadline First.

What i don't see is how Earliest Deadline First fits a thread
model. Threads are at the heart of eCos. How can you give a deadline
to a thread? You have to give a deadline to an event or action. "This
action must be completed by time X."

Could you explain this a bit more, how you see EDF and threads combined.

        Andrew