Re: ecos and gettimeofday()

> Additionally I'd like to move the rest of misc.c into its own
> CYGPKG_POSIX_MISC component, but I haven't figured out yet what
> cyg_posix_function_start() and cyg_posix_function_finish() exactly do.
> What are they required for ?

Good question. They are only used in the io/fileio. They are called
when entering or existing all fileio functions.

They disable and enable ASR. Why i don't know. That is a question for
Nick...

Anyway, it looks like you need these functions when IO/FILEIO is
enabled as well as POSIX. I could not find any other dependancies.

I will take a look at the code later.

        Andrew