Common GNU apps (busybox) on ecos possible?

Hi all.

I'm awaiting my spiffy new Olimex lpc2138, and cant
wait to get ecos running on it. Given the POSIX
interface and eCos' whole niche market, I have some
questions...

Can you run small gnu-compliant apps on eCos?
Specifically busybox and things like vi, ash etc?

GCC is used for ecos, and these simpler apps are quite
portable and use (AFAIK) nothing Linux or BSD specific
in the API. In short, I wonder if you can run a
standalone ecos system with some desktop-like tools
like you can with QNX, uclinux, minix and the likes.