Re: Echo on tty/serial...

Hi,

I want to use the serial port from my eCos application. I tried to use
/dev/ttydiag, but i cannot disable the echo to the output. Every
cyg_io_read() causes the echo even if i disable it using tty_out_flags =
CYG_TTY_OUT_FLAGS_CRLF and tty_in_flags = 0. An important thing to know is,
that i'm using posix. Printf works flawless.

Is there another serial device which i could use (and have to enable for my
ecos)? How could it work if i also use printf?

Yes, use the "proper" serial driver. /dev/ttydiag is intended for diagnostic output and is very simple. It does not support the various flags needed to disable echos etc.

Enabling CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES will cause the interrupt driver
serial driver to be built. This then provides /dev/ser?. You will want
to layer on top of that the tty driver. So enable
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY_TTY0 and set CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_TTY_CONSOLE to
/dev/tty0. You can then use the yg_io_set_config() calls as described
at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-serial-driver-details.html.
If you want to use termio you need to add the termio driver to the
stack in the same way.

Okay ...I enabled "Hardware serial device drivers", channel tty0, tried to disable the HAL/diag options, but i don't get any printf output anymore. The system reboots automatically after some seconds (maybe due to a printf buffer overflow). I'm not sure what inits the posix main call does. serial1 test is working.

What's wrong? I need printf, but like to take over the control over the serial port by myself. I only have one serial port.

I played a bit with it ... diag_printf is working, but i cannot open tty0 or ser0. printf isn't working too.

Is there a why to force using diag_printf as printf replacement? How can i use both diag_printf and open the serial port?

Bye...