Re: loging file using serial port

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

>       I wana know that what ever I want to display in the pc screen i want

BTW, it is spelled "wanna", and is generally used when trying
to sound like a whining three-year-old.  In adult English, it's
"want to".

> it to get as a log file in my system using serial port.

In kermit, you log to a file using the command "log session".

At the shell prompt, something like this should work:

 (stty 57600 raw -crtscts -ixon -ixoff -paren; cat) </dev/ttyS0 >logfile.txt

>          * how can i send a file which i created in redboot ,to other system
>            using serial port.

 cat filename >/dev/ttyS0

There's also a kermit command.  I believe it's "send /text".

>            ( In minicom there is a option for reciving files .minicom asks
> for
>              a file name , is it the same redboot created file name i have to
>              give there ).

I don't know.  I don't use minicom.

[You need to fix your mail or news client -- it's formatting
your posts strangely.]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm RELIGIOUS!! I
                                  at               love a man with a