From: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
Sent: 17 August 2005 10:09
To: Matt Sartori
Cc: eCos Disuss
Subject: Re: [ECOS] interrupt/virtual vectors confusion

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 08:40:25AM +0100, Matt Sartori wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand how this would work. Switching my board into
> RAM boot mode means that it maps internal RAM (0x20000000) to
> 0x00000000. On reset it always start execution from 0x0 but will in
this
> case find nothing there to execute. On the other hand if booting in
the
> boards normal mode (USER mode with flash mapped to 0x0) it will boot
> fine but when your app wants to change the vector at 0x18 it, as you
> pointed out, fail to do so.
> Jumping into high address mapping (by that I understand that when an
> exception/interrupt occurs all the instructions in the vector at 0x0
> jump to another vector in RAM) is what I want to do but still haven't
> quite worked out where to do - presumably by changing the vector setup
> of Redboot.

Can you change the mode on the fly? Normally you start with ROM at
address 0x0 and them move it out of the way and put RAM there. See if
this is possible with you hardware.

        Andrew

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender or postmaster (postmaster@hanoverdisplays.com) and delete the material from any computer.

Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any attachment for viruses. We make no warranty as to absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.

Our Company's email policy is to permit incidental personal use. If this email is of a personal nature, it must not be relied upon as expressing the views or opinions of the company.

Visit out website at www.hanoverdisplays.com