Re: assign IP address to a specifig mac

Please copy your replies to the eCos mailing list.  Private support
is only available with a support contract.

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 16:46 -0700, mkhoyila@uci.edu wrote:
> Sorry I did not provide enough info.
>
> 1) I have a DSL modem and I want to use eCos as embededed RTOS.
>
> 2) I have written an Ethernet drive for it under eCos and now I want to
> assign a static IP to it (eth0 and eth1). I am using third party boot
> loader to load eCos. I can see it is loading eCos and runs my "hello
> world" applicaiton.
>
> [cyg_net_init] Init: loopattach(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Init: ifinit(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Init: domaininit(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x8004d638)
> New domain internet at 0x00000000
> [cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x8004d0e0)
> New domain route at 0x00000000
> [cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_route_init(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Done
>
> 3) once I can send and receie packets, I am going to do some benchmarks to
> test the eCos performace.
>
> Right now I need to assign an IP address to my eth0 so I can at least ping
> it and later create a bridge between two to send and receive packets.
> Thanks.

Why can't you use DHCP to get the IP address?

If you must use a fixed IP, then try settings like these:

cdl_component CYGPKG_NET_DHCP {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS {
    user_value 1
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP {
    user_value 192.168.1.169
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_NETMASK {
    user_value 255.255.255.0
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_BROADCAST {
    user_value 192.168.1.255
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_SERVER {
    user_value 192.168.1.101
};