Re: connecting a wi-fi lan card to a IXDP425 processor using the PCI slot

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

>> i know its gonna be very difficult for me, but unfortunately,
>> i have taken up this project n now i hv no other way but to
>> complete it.

> I responded to your post ( 10 Jul 2005 )
>   " ecos on ixdp425 to simulate a GSM network "
> where you ask the same question. Did you read the the
> manual? Can you find a prism card ?

Just use a 10baseT<->802.11 bridge.  The Linksys WET11 is about
$60, and they're trivial to set up and completely transparent
to the the attached device.

> you said you are very new to eCos, very new to IXP425, new to
> 802.11, presumably new to TCP/IP stacks. I agree with Andrew

> Tell your supervisor you screwed up and negotiate a penalty
> for switching projects. That is what school is all about. You
> learnt a valuable lesson... you signed a contract before doing
> the research.

Write up you've found out about what it will take to do what
you're tasked to do.  Estimate how long it will take, and
propose ways to reduce the scope.  Like using an existing eCos
Ethernet driver and a 10baseT/802.11b gateway.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Awright, which one of
                                  at               you hid my PENIS ENVY?