Re: Timecritical interrupt-debuging ... printf in DSR's ... Cyg_Scheduler_Implementation::rem_thread() ... cyg_assert_fail()

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 09:16:44AM +0200, Fabian Scheler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I don't know if it's allowed to use the buffered IO from ISR and DSR's. If
> > everybody know's if it should work or not in threory, let me know.... Im
> > also intressted in other hints how to debug driveres...
>
> well, I don't know the exact implementation of buffered IO in eCos,
> but buffered IO always is blocking (if you want to ensure that no data
> gets lost), and blokcing operations are never allowed within an ISR or
> a DSR.

Correct.

You can use the infrastructure trace functions and instramentation
functions which are safe when writting to a buffer. Or you can
implement your own buffering which is ISR/DSR safe.

        Andrew