Re: Problem with MGETHDR

Please reply to the mailing list so that all may benefit; private
support is only available under contract.

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 19:41 +0530, Rupesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> I am running the http server Published on MLB site.Target Board is ARM
> (ARM926EJS) Board.
>
> what i am assuming is MGETHDR will get the kernel buffers,does it has
> any thing to do with application buffers.(Correct me if i am wrong).

This is true - the network stack has its own set of buffers which are
manipulated via MGETHDR, etc.  However, since eCos has a flat,
unprotected memory model, your application can easily mess things up
so that that pool is no longer managed properly.

As I said in a previous email, verify that your network driver is
working properly first, then investigate what's going wrong.

One thing that's always a good idea is to enable assertions in the
eCos kernel.  This can help find problems quickly, even elusive ones
like stack overflows.  To enable this, enable CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG