Re: C++ Support

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 18:52 +0530, Raghavendra K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we get STL support on ecos ( like vectors, queues etc).  Also, we were trying out
> a simple application using iostream.h but ended up getting lot of errors during compilation.
> So we would like to know to what extent C++ is supported on ecos.

I'm using both STLport and libstdc++ w/eCos.

It isn't supported out of the box, but it isn't too hard to get it
working and I haven't seen any problems once up and running.

The instructions are a bit crude and there are some somewhat
questionable steps due to newlib/eCos issues, but you can always buy the
eCosPro kit if you want something that is fully tested and works out of
the box :-)

http://www.zylin.com/libstdc++.html
http://www.zylin.com/stlport.html

For the libstdc++ stuff I submitted a patch to eCos w.r.t. some issues
with using C++ early in eCos startup, but it didn't receive any comments
so far:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-04/msg00007.html

--
Øyvind Harboe