Re: link error due to unwanted exception support

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 12:27 +0100, Will Wagner wrote:

> > What options did you use to compile your program?
> >
> > Look in the examples directory for how to do this.  You can also
> > follow the instructions at
> >   http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/
> >

> Thanks for the help.
>
> My options are:
> CXXFLAGS = -msoft-float -mcpu=860 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
> -finit-priority -fvtable-gc -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wno-deprecated -Woverloaded-virtual -g
> LFLAGS   = -msoft-float -mcpu=860 -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections
> -Wl,-static -Ttarget.ld -L../ecos_kernel/minimal/install/lib -g
>
> I have fixed my problem by working round the bit of rtti code I was
> using. I had been hoping to use rtti but not use exceptions but that
> doesn't seem to be possible. Should it be?

I don't think so.  I'm pretty sure that RTTI support requires some
architecture+OS specific help which we don't provide.  We have certainly
used -fno-rtti in the kernel since Day 1, so I doubt that you'll have
much luck with it.

n.b. I'm not a C++ guru, so may answer may be inaccurate (as well as
biased against such things)