To: "cydmjxz" <cydmjxz@126.com>
Cc: "eCos Discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] can I use JFFS2 in a ecos kernel-less application??

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 15:18 +0200, cydmjxz wrote:
I am writing a ecos kernel-less application, like redboot. If it possible to
use JFFS2 component?

It's obviously possible as RedBoot can have JFFS2 support :-) It does require quite a lot of infrastructure for it to be much use. Without the kernel, you'll need to write your own file system interfaces, along with all the support layers that JFFS2 expects. Note: it's already somewhat shoe-horned into eCos since it was designed as a Linux file system, so there is a compatability "layer" already in place.

Why would you want to do this anyway?