To: "Alfred Wong" <alfred.wong80@gmail.com>
Cc: "Nickolay" <nickolay@protei.ru>; <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Help with booting Linux off my Redboot prompt

Thanks I'll try this. A couple of questions

a) How does the kernel know where to find the rootfs - is it preconfigured and if so can someone tell me where that information is located

b) How does the exec know that the kernel is loaded at 0x01600000? Internally, I've found that there is a ecos setting that defines where the kernel is supposed to be executed from 0x00600000.

I do understand that exec takes in parameters where you can specify the physical address of where zImage is loaded and the length of zImage and physical address of the initrd, but in the absence of providing these parameters how does it work?

c) Can someone provide a tutorial about how redboot "execs" a kernel?

d) A question for Alfred: I would think that UART0 is /dev/ttyS1 and UART1 is /dev/ttyS0 - Alfred do you have two UARTs on your board or a single UART - and if so do you have UART1 or UART0 enabled... I set mine to /dev/ttyS0 because I'm using UART0 ...

Thanks!

Krishna
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alfred Wong" <alfred.wong80@gmail.com>