Re: GRUB problem ?

"Armin Steinhoff" <A-Steinhoff@web.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying w/o success to boot an eCos image by GRUB, SUSE 9.0
> Below is an extract of the menu.lst file.
>
> # eCos tm_basic test from hd0
> title eCos - basic hd0
> root (hd0,1)
> kernel --type=netbsd /boot/tm_basic #netbsd -> ELF image
>

> Could anyone boot an eCos image in such an environment??

I've just tried a GRUB version of RedBoot in a SuSE 9.1 machine. It
boots fine, although there is a ~30s delay before it starts up -- I'm
not sure why that is.

My menu.lst entry was just this:

title RedBoot
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/redboot

I'm not sure that the --type is necessary, GRUB is smart enough to
work out that it has an ELF file.

Note that when running standard applications, diagnostic output will
only go to the serial lines, not the screen. Set
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL_DEFAULT to 2 to get screen
output.

A better test would, initially, be to try RedBoot.

--
Nick Garnett                                          eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                     The eCos and RedBoot experts