IXP2400 Redboot / Ram Monitor / PCI Init... ?

All,

I was trying to reuse(port)   *ROMRAM.ecm  for *RAM.ecm to create RAM monitor,
for Radisys IXP2400 based ENP2611 board.

As of now, I am able to load and execute it, where it correctly
display my debug messages. But while doing PCI init it was getting
stuck.

I browsed the code to find while performing Type 0 configuration, it
iterates through Bus# / Device# / Function to query for presence of
PCI devices.

It does fine, if valid physical device is present, but stucks if it
queries non-existent device.

To confirm it, from Flash resident RomRam monitor prompt, I dumped
valid devices pci config spaces (for IXP2400/ENP2611) they are:
0xDA010000/0xDA020000/0xDA100000

Whereas if I try to dump for non-existent device address (Something
like 0xda040000), it used to crash.

So I wonder what is the use HAL_PCI_IGNORE_DEVICE macro defined in pci_hw.h  ??

As per code provided by Radisys or Intel for ENP2611 or IXDP2400 respectively,
they do not seem to ignore devices for RomRam monitor they provide.

1.  As per comment, only for buggy PCI chips, HAL_PCI_IGNORE_DEVICE
needs to be implemented. So is ENP or IXDP uses any such chip.

2.  Or RomRam monitor finds PCI subsystem is some different state than
Ram monitor, as RAM executes from RomRam prompt.

Any Comments ?

Later, I implemented the above macro to "ignore" non-existent devices
query, then I was able to get ENP2611 Mgmt ethernet nic init using
bootp.

Am I right in doing so ?

Now I am able to see prompt, but it does not take inputs from my keyboard.

Any comments ?

-ng

--
Nalin Gupta