Re: is this correct mailing list for redboot related questions

Hi,

First of all thanks for your reply ..
I understand that its a volunteer thing, but as we were getting no
answer for long, so thought will check in case we are on the right
channel and /  or questions were too obvious to be answered ..

anyways, some questions on what u said ..
basically we have been using u-boot for some time and our partitions /
layout is something like this ..

u-boot
u-boot config
kernel
root fs
app's
config area (application / product related config like passwords, etc )

We are short of space and I can see in my redboot that its taking
nearly 0x1000 and 0x20000 for config and fis directory respectively ..

Please correct me if  I am wrong in my thoughts below :

We have only one configuration file .. as in only one image of kernel ,etc ..
so we dont need to have config area .. RIGHT ??

and similarly as files are being stored in separate partitions per se
.. we dont need fis image area .. am I correct ?

If images are to be upgraded from redboot we can use the known
partition address'es to save new images ..

Cheers,
Alfred