To: "Subrahmanyam" <subrahmanyam@navayuga.co.in>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: Kernel Image Update

On Thursday 20 January 2005 23:01, you wrote:
Hi,

My query is about kernel image update not through jtag port but through
usb/firewire ports, after the target device is up and running. For this we
also need to update the fis directory as well.

When the existing kernel is already running and corresponds to the mount
area ex: /dev/mem., can I overwrite the same "/dev/mem"., here I am
confused can any one explain, can this be possible, if yes will the
existing kernel in RAM run?

From what is written here it sounds like you're trying to write directly into
the memory currently occupied by a the code and/or data of a currently
running kernel. If so, I can't think how you could expect this to work.

-- Charles