Re: Handling two types of flash in configtool

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 12:30:38AM -0500, Miguel J Vega wrote:
> I am working on a board port to the Phytec MPC555 dev board. The
> phyCORE-MPC555 SBC module comes in two flavors: (4MB flash, 4MB RAM) and
> (512KB flash, 1MB RAM). They are two different types of AMD flash chips.
> Two AMDLV200's for 1MB and two AMDLV160's for 4MB. I implemented an option
> to select the memory configuration, but now how can I make configtool
> "choose" the correct flash drivers based on the memory configuration?

Since they are both AMD devices it should be quite easy. The generic
AMD flash driver knows both parts. All you need if that your hardware
specific part of the flash driver looks at the option which selects
the memory configuration when it setups the #defines before including
flash_am29xxxxx.inl. There is nothing special needed in the CDL for
the hardware specific part of the flash driver.

        Andrew