synthetic target & permanent redboot installation

Hi,

Sorry for the long email. I have 2 questions here:

1. I try to build a synthetic target. So I follow the instruction in the
reference section of ecos and also the README.host file. My computer uses
Windows XP. So this is what I did (from cygwin):
- $ mkdir build
- $ cd build
- $ <path>/configure (I change the path to the hal directory that contains
the configure)
- go to build directory
- $ make
- $ make install

After that, I try to typed in $ ecos_hello in the cygwin window, but it
says it doesn't recognize that command. Am I doing something wrong in
here?

2. I've been trying to use ecos for hp ipaq h3650, and follow the
instructions in ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/ipaq.html

I can do the "Installing Redboot using Windows CE part. I want to install
redboot permanently though, but I get stuck when I'm trying to save the
windows ce flash environment. Part of the instruction is:
Using OSloader on the iPAQ, select the Tools->Flash->Save to files....
menu item.
Four (4) files, 4MB each in size will be created.

So a message box popped up in the ipaq saying that the 1st of 4 files has
been created & need to be moved from the ipaq. Then I tried to open the my
pocket pc folder from my computer, which is connected to the ipaq through
usb connection, and it seems that the ipaq freeze, because I couldn't see
anything in the my pocket pc folder and the mouse pointer is telling me
that it's still busy. I checked the ipaq and noticed that the ipaq is
indeed frozen.

I've tried this several times with the same result. Could any of you point
out what the problem is?

Also, am I correct that I can just skip saving windows CE environment step
& just install redboot permanently? The worst thing that will happen is
that I won't be able to return back to windows CE, isn't it? But the
activesync or other functionalities will still work?

Thanks in advance!

Yenny