1 bit LCD and microwindows on eCos

Hello,

I saw a post of Shannon Holland from 2003 about ecos, microwindows and 1 bpp display. I was wondering if microwindows is suitable for a touch screen application on this kind of display. I mean, does the 3D buttons look OK on 1 bit graphics? Isn't microwindows too big for this king of application, where the user just enters some values from a numeric keypad painted on the lcd and see some numeric results? Shannon, how does the GUI of microwindows look on your 1 bit display? (if you are still around)

Thanks,
Edgar