Re: Saving application state

sandeep <sandeep@codito.com> said:

> what exactly you are looking for? what hardware/setup? issues would be
different
> from single to multiprocessor system. I consider you are on a single processor
> system.
>
> you are possibly looking for something akin to hibernation support of
> Windows/Linux. you probably want to shut down the system? or looking for taking
> off this multi-threaded application completely w/o shutting the sytem down and
> know more than a layman about this).
>
> a guess, is it something to do with your MS project work? ;)

I am targeting a uniprocessor system. The ecos is operating on intel 80200
xscale processor ADI board. I intend to load the application and OS image and
 keep saving application state at regular intervals. Initially I do not indend
to shut down the system, the kernel and application continue execution however
 at a some arbitarary time I want the application to go back to the saved state.

So i am interested in knowing the address space of entire application. Where
are dynamic objects saved.