Re: A problem in building the HTTP web server application

--- Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 08:16, Muna Hummady wrote:
> > Hello all
> > I'm following the steps in the MLB associate HTTP
> > server paper as shown:
> >
> > A.  Building the eCos kernel:
> >
> >       $ mkdir
> /home/muna/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
> >       $ cd /work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
> >       $ ecosconfig new pc_rltk8139 net
> >       $ ecosconfig tree
> >       $ make
>
> How did you manage this step if you have problems in
> step "D"?
> The same tools are used in both.
>

> > B.  Creating the application
> >
> >       $ cd /home/muna /work/httpd_test
> >       $ tar -zxvf libhttpd-1.3.tar.gz
> >       $ tar -zxvf httpd_application.tar.gz
> >       $ patch -p0 <lihhttpd.patch
> >
> >     The libhttpd-1.3 and httpd_application
> directories
> >      are created.
> >
> > C.  I'm enter to the libhttpd-1.3 directory and
> try to
> >      build the software by doing:
> >
> >       $ cd /libhttpd-1.3
> >       $./configure
> >       $ make all
> >       $ make install
>
> You're still not following the directions - these
> steps are
> not part of the published procedure.
>

> > D.  I'm downloading the build_Make.params file and
>
> >      place it inside the httpd_application
> directory.
> >
> >     $ cd httpd_application
> >     $ sh build_Make.params
> > /work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
> >     $ make
> >
> >    When Im running make, the following output is
>
> >     appear on the command line tool:
> >
> >     make c
> > /home/muna/work/httpd_test/libhttpd-1.3/src
> > Make.ecos HOME=pwd
> >     make[1]: Entering directory /home/muna/work/
>
> >       httpd_test /libhttpd-1.3/src
> >     make[1]: libhttp.a is up to date.
> >     make[1]: Leaving /home/muna/work/httpd_test/
>
> >       libhttpd-1.3/src
> >    i386-elf-gcc c D_eCos Wall Wpointer-arith
> >       -Wstrict-prototype Winline Wundef
> > Woverloaded-       virtual g O2 ffunction-sections
> > fdata-sections      fno-rtti fno-exceptions
> > fvtable-gc finit-           priority
> > I/home/muna/work/httpd_test/ecos-kernel/
> install
> > -I/home/muna/work/httpd_test/
> > libhttpd-1.3/src test_httpd.c
> >      i386-elf-gcc: Installation problem, cannot
> exec
> >
> >      cc1: No such file or directory
> >    make: *** [test_http.o] Error 1
> >
> > I'm trying to solve this problem but I couldnt.
> Could
> > you help me please?
>
> Have you built _any_ eCos applications before?
> These tools
> are chosen based on the target platform and you need
> to have
> them installed and available in your path before you
> [...]
hello
1- i'm building step (A) successfully with defining
the ECOS_REEPOSITORY and PATH for the ecosconfig
command and the i386-elf tools.

2- Also I'm build step (B) as follows in the paper

3- I'm trying doing the building with or without step
C and the output the same.

4- when I'm trying to build the application by moving
the build_Make.params in the httpd_application
directory and the doing the
   $ sh build_Make.params /work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
   $ make
the building is begin but not complete showing that
there are some items in http.h header is not defined ,
other have duplicated definitions and ended with error
in that header?

Forgive me if there are somthing I don't understand
it.
I build the eCos eamples applications and the basic
file from Anthony massa.I built these applications and
run them in the synthetic target and also downloading
them to the target via serial and network and also
running them.

                                    thanks
                                    Muna