Re: A problem in building the HTTP web server application

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 08:16, Muna Hummady wrote:
> Hello all
> I'm following the steps in the MLB associate HTTP
> server paper as shown:
>
> A.  Building the eCos kernel:
>
>       $ mkdir /home/muna/work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
>       $ cd /work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
>       $ ecosconfig new pc_rltk8139 net
>       $ ecosconfig tree
>       $ make

How did you manage this step if you have problems in step "D"?
The same tools are used in both.

> B.  Creating the application
>
>       $ cd /home/muna /work/httpd_test
>       $ tar -zxvf libhttpd-1.3.tar.gz
>       $ tar -zxvf httpd_application.tar.gz
>       $ patch -p0 <lihhttpd.patch
>
>     The libhttpd-1.3 and httpd_application directories
>      are created.
>
> C.  I'm enter to the libhttpd-1.3 directory and try to
>      build the software by doing:
>
>       $ cd /libhttpd-1.3
>       $./configure
>       $ make all
>       $ make install

You're still not following the directions - these steps are
not part of the published procedure.

> D.  I'm downloading the build_Make.params file and
>      place it inside the httpd_application directory.
>
>     $ cd httpd_application
>     $ sh build_Make.params
> /work/httpd_test/ecos_kernel
>     $ make
>
>    When Im running make, the following output is
>     appear on the command line tool:
>
>     make c
> /home/muna/work/httpd_test/libhttpd-1.3/src
> Make.ecos HOME=pwd
>     make[1]: Entering directory /home/muna/work/
>       httpd_test /libhttpd-1.3/src
>     make[1]: libhttp.a is up to date.
>     make[1]: Leaving /home/muna/work/httpd_test/
>       libhttpd-1.3/src
>    i386-elf-gcc c D_eCos Wall Wpointer-arith
>       -Wstrict-prototype Winline Wundef
> Woverloaded-       virtual g O2 ffunction-sections
> fdata-sections      fno-rtti fno-exceptions
> fvtable-gc finit-           priority
> I/home/muna/work/httpd_test/ecos-kernel/      install
> -I/home/muna/work/httpd_test/
> libhttpd-1.3/src test_httpd.c
>      i386-elf-gcc: Installation problem, cannot exec
>
>      cc1: No such file or directory
>    make: *** [test_http.o] Error 1
>
> I'm trying to solve this problem but I couldnt. Could
> you help me please?

Have you built _any_ eCos applications before?  These tools
are chosen based on the target platform and you need to have
them installed and available in your path before you can
build eCos programs.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates