Re: Stall in Ethernet Stack

On Oct 5, 2004, at 5:40 AM, Richard Rauch wrote:

we have a problem with the Ethernet Stack (FreeBSD).
We have heavy communication load on Ethernet. After a while the stack hangs.
It looks like, that events inside the stack are lost.
We changed some default values from the stack configuration, because we need
some more sockets (about 30).

I've seen similar problems as well. I can't say what the actual cause is, but the following changes more or less resolved this problem for me:

- increased number of open files (somewhere in the POSIX fileio package I believe)
- increased number of open sockets
- increased size of mbuf arena by a few hundred K
- upgraded to latest eCos code from CVS (from 2.0 in my case)

Sorry I can't offer a more precise solution, but maybe this will help.