Re: EB40A (AT91) serial port oddness

Nick Garnett wrote:

It is possible that the Python code is emitting the characters more
slowly that the AT91's serial hardware. With the PDC it should be
sending the characters out at close to line speed.

Should I be using ecos\packages\devs\serial\arm\at91\current\src\at91_serial.c or something else, such as http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-04/txt00000.txt ?

Tom Lynn <tom.lynn@hypertag.com> writes:

I'd still be interested to know how you turn off the debug output too,
since I suspect I'll have more serial port diagnosis in the near
future. My suspicion is that so few people want to turn it off that
turning it off no longer works.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here. If you don't call
diag_printf() then there will be no traffic on the debug serial
line. You can then use it for any purpose you want.

I'd just like the security of some macros intended to mean "ecos will definitely not be doing anything with this serial port". For instance, I've disabled CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL0 and it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Tom

--
Tom Lynn, Software Engineer, Hypertag Ltd.
William Gates Building, JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FD

Tel: 01223 763710 Fax: 08714 335288 Web: www.hypertag.com