Configtool window closes

We have physically removed the reference to the unused packages and targets
from the ecos.db file to limited the number of files we have to populate on
each developer's PC. We only have the .cdl, .h*, .c*, .inl and .inc files
populated. When we try to run the configtool, out of a cygwin window, the
program prints some sort of error message and closes the window. The message
is not there long enough to see what is says. If all the files from the
archive are there it works fine, even with the modified ecos.db file.

One other note - all the files are read only.

Does anybody know what other files the configtool might need to work? The
ecosconfig tool runs without any warnings or errors.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hans