Slow compilation with CygWin under Windows XP

This is not a eCos problem as such, though it causes problems for the
eCos build tools.

Perhaps there are others out there who are experiencing the same problem
and can confirm that this is not only on my machine/setup.

Compiling eCos under Windows XP CygWin is *slow*.

- a 1.5GHz Pentium HyperThreaded machine
- 768 megabytes RAM
- My harddisk only blips occasionally
- no sign network usage
- anti-virus turned off
- Windows XP SP 1
- the problem is somewhat recent(didn't happen back in June when I last
compiled eCos on this particular machine).
- no suspicious processes in the task manager getting stuck. The
arm-elf-gcc process is created and immediately terminates.
- When I examine the Task Manager the CPU usage is <10%

It as if a there is some sort of delay or timeout problem somewhere in
XP/CygWin make.exe process...

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com