Re: Modifying SDRAM Size in Redboot

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:12:30AM -0700, m a wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In our custom board we have SDRAM of size 32 MB. In
> Redboot what are all the files i should change to
> reflect this.

You should also modify the mlt_* files for your target.

> What more should i do and i want to verify the change
> by seeing the SYMBOL MAP file. I want to see the HEAP
> and STACK section in the SYMBOL MAP file. Where can i
> find the MAP file in redboot.

There is no stack section or heap section. Stacks are in the bss.  As
for the heap the linker script defines a symbol __heap1 which is the
start of the heap and it then extends up to the end of the memory.

A map file is not generated by default. Just add the appropriate flag
to the link command. Or see if objdump will produce enough information
for you.

        Andrew