Re: HyperTerminal

Please keep the discussion on the ecos-discuss list. Directly
addressed messages may be ignored. Personal support is only available
on a consultancy basis.

Muna Hummady <muna_hummady@yahoo.com> writes:

> > hello
>  Please there is some thing I could'nt understand it
> and could'nt do it.
> When I'm doing on the host target
>         (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> you tell me that the host is connected to the remote
> target and I could load any test file to the remote
> target through HyperTerminal. when I'm doing that
> instruction the remote target halted and the keyboard
> halted so i could'nt do anything on the remote target.
>
> please tell how to solve this problem?

This is not what I'm telling you at all. Run HyperTerminal without
running GDB to check that the target RedBoot is functioning
correctly. Only when you are sure of that should you then run GDB.