Re: HAL startup help.

Rycerz Roman-G11565 <roman.rycerz@motorola.com> writes:

>     I am hoping someone can help me.   I have a rather strange problem that comes and goes for reasons that so far escape me.
>     While I am not sure what makes this situation appear and disappear, maybe this behavior will ring some bells.
>

>     When the ecos world is happy, the routine "cyg_hal_invoke_constructors" executes, behaves nicely and executes a list of constructors.
>     such as
>                 Global_I10100_diag_write_char
>                 Global_I11000_cyg_scheduler_sched_lock
>                 Global_I12000_ZB13cyg_Interrupt15....
>

>     When ecos is unhappy "cyg_hal_invoke_constructors" actually executes a list of destructors
>
>                 Global_D14000......
>                 Global_D15000.......
>

>    Anyone know what might cause this ????   I am sure its something I am doing, but so far I have no clue....

Cannot help you specifically, but in the past when I have seen things
like this happening, it has often been an alignment issue. It appears
and disappears as changing sizes of text and data change the alignment
of later data items.

Check that the alignment requirements in your linker script are
correct. If you try single stepping through
cyg_hal_invoke_constructors() when it is misbehaving you should be
able to work out what is going wrong.