RE: Self extracting target installer

I thought of that too -- either approach requires a certain amount of
development time (to get the script right, to handle error cases, etc...)
The self extracting installer is more attractive to me because
1) I can give manufacturing a single, revision controlled, file  and know
that everything they produce will be identical (if I've done my job right).
2) Id the intaller does not depend upon a ROM monitor for anything, it could
even upgrade RedBoot from the default one that is preprogrammed in flash.
(Yes, I could write the script to load/download a RAM based RedBoot,
download the new ROM based RedBoot, etc...., but if I write a general
installer, it can do all of that).

--wpd

Patrick Doyle
DSP Design Engineer
(603) 546-2179

This communication is from DTC Communications, Inc. and is intended to be
confidential and solely for the use of the persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the information
contained herein may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law,
and any copying, distribution, disclosure, or other use of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by return e-mail or telephone the above number
immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.