API to manipulate/read serial port DTR/DSR/CTS/RTS pins

Hi Folks!
I would like to be able to wiggle the DTR pin and to read the current state
of the DSR pin on my UART under program control.  From a (very) brief
perusal of the code, it seems that there is no provision for manually
controlling the DTR pin.  While it appears that I could register a callback
function to track the state of the DSR pin, there doesn't seem to be a
mechanism to just read it directly.

So....

1) Am I missing something?
2) If the API is, in fact missing, and I need to add it, now is the chance
put in your $0.02 as to how you would like to see it done.  At first glance,
I think I will be adding one or more keys to "config_keys.h" and am likely
only propagate it down to the serial port drive for the OMAP (oh yeah -- I
still need to submit that -- thanks for reminding me :-)).  As long as I am
adding support to wiggle/read DTR/DSR, I might as well add support to
wiggle/read CTS/RTS (or is it RTS/CTS), and perhaps even the ability to read
RI and CD.  Who knows, I might even get ambitious enough to write some
documentation :-)

Any thoughts, questions, answers, or snide remarks?

Patrick Doyle
DSP Design Engineer
(603) 546-2179

This communication is from DTC Communications, Inc. and is intended to be
confidential and solely for the use of the persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the information
contained herein may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law,
and any copying, distribution, disclosure, or other use of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by return e-mail or telephone the above number
immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for your
cooperation.