Interrupt vectors

I am currently trying to implement a device driver for the Tundra Universe chip. I have everything working, except I want to be able to have the user program install interrupts off the chip. The main hardware interrupt function would be the same for all. But the chip can generate 7 interrupts, each with 256 vectors. Is there a good way within the eCos infra structure to handle this? I am porting this from VxWorks. On that platform, the "device driver" provided a mechanism to translate the interrupt/vector combination into a unique interrupt number that the user routine attached to. Then I assume the hardware interrupt decodes the interrupt data and does a software interrupt call to the user routine. For my actual application, I will not need nearly that many interrupts. I'm just not sure what the best way to handle this type of situation is.

Thanks
David Brennan