ROM version of RedBoot on CME555

Hello everyone,

I'm rather new to eCos and RedBoot.  We've been trying to get the board
setup so that we can download eCos programs for testing (presumably into RAM
for now), and we're thinking this requires getting RedBoot onto the board
first.  We've managed to get a RAM version of RedBoot onto it, but cannot
get RedBoot to find any of our flash.

So, here are my two questions:

1) In general, are we right in assuming that we need to get RedBoot on the
board and into ROM (potentially replacing the Axiom ROM Monitor) in order to
download and test eCos applications?

2) How would you go about getting RedBoot into ROM on the Axiom CME555?
Axiom's flash program only downloads .s19 files, and the eCos configtool
only seems to build .elf files.  When starting our RedBoot RAM version, the
flash driver fails to initialize (preventing us from copying a ROM version
over).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!