Re: Event driven ethernet status change

Matt Jerdonek said:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I need a way for an ethernet driver (but specifically
> the powerpc/fec driver) to inform an application of a
> loss and restoral of ethernet carrier.

Any board in particular?  Maybe one of the supported ones?

> If possible, I want avoid having the application poll
> the driver for its status.  Instead, I'd like driver
> to inform the application of status changes.

The way to handle this would be to add interrupt support for
PHY line changes that could then send a signal to your application.
The application could then manage the logical interfaces as
you have outlined before.

We've not supported this so far with eCos, but with the new
PHY layer, it should be possible to make this happen.