Re: bzImage support for i386 targets

Narendra Hadke wrote:
Hi,
    I am working on porting  redboot to i386 architecture board with
 AMD SC520. I got the code from CVS Feb 13 and applied patch
 for bzImage support from Masato Tarunishi which is available
 on net. With this patch I am able to download "bzImage" from
 local disk as well as network using tftp.
  I used following commands:
  RedBoot> load -m disk hda2:/boot/bzImage ( from local disk )
  Redboot> load bzImage   ( from network )
  Both the commands return same size.
    The box is able to boot with bzImage downloaded from local
 disk with "exec" command but with network downloaded "bzImage"
 it just struck( hangs ). Both the images are same.

I'm not familiar with that patch, but bzImages don't contain address information so won't you have to load them at a specific address, and then use exec with -b ? But don't take my word for it as I haven't looked at the patch.

the exec command I am using is RedBoot> exec -c "console=ttyS0,19200 rw root=/dev/hda2"
Any pointers what may be wrong? Please let me know if you need
any other info.

Have you checked using tcpdump if the file is being transferred?

March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/