RE: Not responding to TCP SYN

You can decrease the maximum segment lifetime for the
TCP session.  Once 2*msl expires, the session exits
FIN_WAIT state and becomes available again.

There's two ways to do it ...
1) tcp_msl is a global variable that defaults to 30sec
(I think!!).  Since tcp_msl is a global variable, you
can have your application set it to a smaller value.

2) If you get the eCos from the CVS repository, Andrew
Lunn put in a sysctl interface that will allow you to
manipulate tcp_msl in a more standard way.

-- Matt