RE: Problems with var_mk_defs.c

After looking at the generated var_mk_defs.s file by adding -save-temps to the global compiler flags, the first line the compiler complains about is:

.equ	HAL_UCACHE_SIZE, #0
.loc 1 82 0

Would I be right in assuming that this should read:

.equ	HAL_UCACHE_SIZE, 0
.loc 1 82 0

The function call that creates this line is:
DEFINE(HAL_UCACHE_SIZE, HAL_UCACHE_SIZE);

The macro itself:
#define DEFINE(sym, val) \
        asm volatile("\n\t.equ\t" #sym ", %0" : : "i" (val))

I guess this is the assembler equivalent of #define HAL_UCACHE_SIZE 0 so that wherever HAL_UCACHE_SIZE is referenced, the value of 0 is used.

However, I am unsure about how to modify the macro, my skill in assembler is extremely poor. Any ideas?

		James Yates