RE: New to eCos, struggling with RedBoot

Hello Denis,

I've also tried to do this under SuSE Linux. In Linux, I mounted the
floppy that's on the other box as follows:
mount -t smbfs //192.168.0.1/a /dev/floppy
and I can see the drive and its contents. I attempted to mount it to
/dev/fd/0, but it wouldn't let me because it's not a directory.

When I run the dd command, it just says that /dev/floppy (which is a
folder I made) is a directory. I've also set of=/dev/floppy/redboot.img,
and get the success message (174+1 records in, 175+1 records out), but
when I put the floppy into the target machine, it wouldn't boot, giving
me a non-system disk error).

I've rechecked my settings in eCos, and believe that they're right
(importing redboot_FLOPPY.ecm, etc.). I'm at a loss for ideas..is there
any possibility that the problem is that the floppy drive isn't local to
this machine, but a network share? Since I'm also not getting it working
under Linux, I doubt that the cause is strictly Cygwin.

Thanks,
Mike