Re: Stress testing JFFS2

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 03:16:48PM +0200, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> > Please could you give us a complete test case. Something we can run
> > ourselves. Create a new bugzilla bug on bugs.ecos.sourceware.org and
> > include the source code and the ecos configuration you are using.
> >
> > That will make it much easier for us to see whats happening.
>
> OK.
>
> But I need a few pointers. Clearly this standalone test case
> should not be EB40a specific.
>
> Ideally anyone should be able to run the testcase, but setting up a
> JFFS2 mount consists of a fair bit of hardware specific ecos.ecc
> manipulations, etc.

Yep. Ideally would be to write a test case which runs on the synth
target. We can all work with that. This does work, i've run the
standard test case on synth before.

> This might not be eCos specific, but I would expect the eCos community
> having greater interest in this kind of bug being fixed than
> non-embedded applications.

Actually, it could be ecos specific. There is an wrapper round jffs2
which implements the interface between eCos fileio and jffs2. The
problem could be in there. Also, its easier to debug jffs2 in eCos
than inside a linux kernel.

     Andrew