status of IXP425 NPE support for eCos ?

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the IXP425 processor using
Intel's IXDP425 eval board for an SNMP agent application.

I was able to get the pre-compiled redboot binary from
Intel to boot the board, download some example apps (hello
world, twoThreads etc.). Next, I wanted to try out the
ucd-snmp agent. However, I am not able to figure out how to
initialize the NPEs on the IXP425 for my application.

Is this still an epk that I need to get from Intel?
Also, what will be involved in integrating the NPE driver
with the FreeBSD stack (upon which the ucd-snmp agent
runs)?
I know that Redboot uses its own trimmed-down network
support code so I cannot really use that as an example, can
I?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

- Anunoy