Re: Keeping 2.0 source tree up to date

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 05:17:46PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

>> Whats the recommended way to keep a 2.0 source tree up to date
>> with bug fixes?

I guess the answer is "there isn't one".  Once you decide to
use an "official" snapshot, you're more-or-less stuck.

>> Do I need to try to get BOFH to allow access to the CVS tree?

I've been trying to figure out how to use cvs to do something
useful, and I'm stumped.  Since the latest "official" source
tree has all of the directories renamed (2.0 vs. current),
there doesn't seem to be any way for me to use cvs to compare
my ecos-2.0 source tree with the "head".

>> Is there an official archive of approved patches somewhere that
>> can be downloaded?

Apparently no.

> eCos does not use the linux model of a stable version and a
> development version.

Nor does it appear to use the "cvs" model. Since the 2.0
directory structure doesn't match the CVS database, I can't
figure out how to use cvs to find out what's changed either.

> If you want a certified release which has had extensive testing
> like 2.0 had, you need to contact the commercial support
> people.

No, what I want is an automated way to find out what's changed
since 2.0.  If I knew it would be useful, I could probably
argue BOFH into allowing access to the CVS server.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com