Re: racoon working with eCos

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:01:21PM +0530, sandeep wrote:
> hi,
>
> locally we got racoon working with eCos making use of libipsec/openssl and
> adding few more files/directories to net/bsd_tcpip tree. for this we had added -
> - openssl, racoon, libipsec as new packages under packages/net and modified
> packages/ecos.db
> - included some files and directories (include/crypto, src/sys/crypto,
> src/sys/netkey) from freebsd net code into current ecos cvs code
> freebsd_net.cdl and few other files in existing/ newly added code were modified
> to fit in.
>
> now openssl port is already out, so we need to tune it up to work with that
> before making it available.
> what is the best way to make it available to community? -
> - a diff of ecos.db, net/bsd_tcpip and epks of  libipsec and racoon
> - any other better way? diffs get tied down to a particular checkout.

As i said earlier, because of American legal requirements, the
encryption algorithms themselves cannot go into CVS. The rest of it
probably can. So there needs to be a clean separation and the
appropriate CDL to control this.

I suggest you make them available for comments. Put it up on a server
somewhere since i suspect the changes are quite big. We will then take
a look and make some suggestions for changes that need to be made
before the code can be included in the CVS.

> are there some formalities to be done for making the stuff available?

You will need a copyright assignment for the parts that go into
CVS. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/assign.html

     Andrew