Re: cyg_select_abort() missing in new stack?

> > I tried to drop the new TCP/IP stack in, and it doesn't seem to
> > support cyg_select_with_abort() and cyg_select_abort().
> >
> > Is there a reason that feature was dropped?
>
> Those were added before we had the FILEIO package and its full
> implementation of select(). Now you can either use POSIX level
> mechanisms like signals to abort a select(),

Interesting -- I'll look into that.

> or an eCos level mechanism like cyg_thread_release() on the
> selecting thread.

That requires that you know who is doing the select.  My
sub-applications aren't that closely coupled.  For now, I'll
just fake it with a 1-second max timeout on every select.

BTW, the docs state that both the openBSD and freeBSD stacks
support the extra select calls.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com