is cyg_start required for redboot.img..?

Hi,
     I m trying to build the redboot.img for an arm926ejs system
board..i m just concern about the instruction "bl   cyg_start"
called in the vector.S file..
        my program is in a infinte loop when it enters the cyg_start
function. i believe this function calles the application program if
present, but currently i don`t have any application program running.

   i m just interested in building redboot.img..can i comment this line..
will my redboot image be fine with out calling cyg_start routine.

btw, i find no call to the reset_platform routine..what is the use of
this routine..in vector.S file.

satish

--
Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>