Re: Support for Multiple ethernet ports on MPC8260

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:50:23PM +0900, Tiby Kuruvila wrote:
> Dear All .
>
> In our new project we are planning to use eCos as the OS .We will be using
> the MPC8260 as the main controller.
> In our project we need to have three separate Ethernet Ports. One of the
> will be working as a regular  port with complete TCP/IP Stack.
> the other two are used just for routing at MAC layer, and don't need any
> Protocol stack.
>
> We need clarifications on the following topics for the same.

[..]

> 2. Is it possible to route the packets from different interfaces to
> different stacks ? for one interface it has to go to regular protocol stack
> , for the other interfaces it should go to another routing stack.

[..]

You have the sources so anything is possible.

To send different packets to different stacks you will need to modify
packages/io/eth/current/src/net/eth_drv.c. In eth_drv_init it calls
if_attach() and ether_ifattach(). You will want to modify this so that
it attached different drivers to different stacks.

   Andrew