Re: announcing: memory protection for eCos / PowerPC ...

Hi!

I would be happy to prepare a patch, however, I am still waiting for instructions on what I should actually take care of. There would be some things to discuss. For example, I added many options to the general PowerPC HAL CDL file, which I believe would belong somewhere else.

Besides, preparing a patch makes only sense for us if it gets integrated into future eCos releases. It would simply be too tedious to maintain patches against a changing eCos repository.

Any comments welcome.

best regards,
Tom

He HaiYang wrote:

> I am anxious to hear this feature's release!
>
> I meet fllow problems:
> 1)
> In my projects, there are many peripheral chips:
> Two Flash memory (1 for boot, 1 for file system)
> One Dram bank
> Two~four FPGA chips
> One CPLD memory space.
>
> So four couples of Data-BAT is not enough.
>
> 2)
> memory protection is need in some cases.
> I want to prevent text segment from being written. I think is a more security.
> And in our program, I want to change some page's attribute like cacheable, writable staticly or dynamically
> BTW during our debug, some FPGA's registers changed, I didn't know if some application wrote it or Who did it. If we have memory protection, we can find it out very easily.
>
> Thank you.
> Waiting...
>
> --
> Water He