RE: suspend/resume nesting

Eric,

my intention was to make a proposal for an improvement
in a particular field. At least I see it as an
improvement, others may of course disagree (that's why
I posted it here).

I do not think that 'don't do that' is a valid response:
this implies subdividing the API into a set of functions
that may be used and others that may not. To a novice user
this could be a bit confusing. If the user is not supposed
to call a particular function, then the API must not expose
it to him.

The scheme I described and used in my program is perfectly
valid, it does not use anything that is not in the official
API, and so it should just work. You are vigorously defending
your point, but I still cannot see what benefits I get by
disallowing negative suspend counts.

tk

Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies