Re: e7t serial port application help needed

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:28:49PM +0100, F.T.Nilsson@hw.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am developing a simple application to run on arm e7t board. I want to use
> com0 on the board to detect incoming data to the board and com1 to send
> data back to computer. As I built the e7t I found two serial io header
> files in my pkgconf: io_serial_arm_e7t.h and io_serial.h which one should I
> use for developing my application?

Use the most generic. It will include the hardware specific one if its
needed. If you include hardware specific header files it will make
your code none portable. The documentation tells you what you really
need to include.

> If anyone out there have developed some simple serial application and have
> sample code that they would share would be much appreciated.

packages/io/serial/current/tests/*

Also see:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/io.html

        Andrew